Note: you can change the font size and view with the controls in the upper right corner of the page.
Regular Meeting - Saturday November 23, 2013, 10:00 to 12:30 PM
- Guest Speaker: Carrie Frost, Project Manager for the Texas Deafblind Equipment Distribution Program. Ms Frost will discuss the free communication devices (smart phones, tablets, laptops) available through the FCC (iCanConnect) to deafblind consumers.
- Also Featuring: Special Mystery Musical Guest
- Location: Metropolitan Multi-Service Center - 1475 West Gray, Houston, TX 77019
VILA Book Club - Reading Group - Thursday November 14, 6:30 to 8:00 PM
- Facilitator: Heidi Miller - Discussing reading from last month: One Last Thing Before I Go by Jonathan Trooper
- Location: Sight Into Sound (Conference Room), 3935 Essex Lane, Houston, TX 77027
- Conference call info: 712 432-0111, Access code: 154497#
- NOTE: this is not a toll-free call, so it is best to use your cell phone or VOIP
- Productions scheduled monthly
The Houston Low Vision Club is an organization of visually impaired men and women that meets at the Houston Metropolitan Multi-Service Center.
The club's objective is to assist those experiencing significant vision loss to discover ways to continue daily activities and maintain their independence. In addition to providing members access to valuable information, the club provides the visually impaired an opportunity to talk with others that share their challenges, including family members and friends. Membership in the club is available to all adults who are experiencing Low Vision, their friends and family, professionals and others interested in the field of sight enhancement.
Club meetings frequently include guest speakers from the low vision specialists, government agencies and commercial providers. In the past these have included manufacturers of specialty equipment, specialist in mobility, driver training, state agencies such as DARS, and Lighthouse for the Blind. Field trips are frequently an option.
- Regular Meetings are held on fourth Saturdays from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Metropolitan Multi-Service Facility - 1475 West Gray, Houston, TX (MMSC Maps & Directions)
This site is designed with low vision users in mind. I welcome any suggestions that you may have to improve content or usability.
Please send suggestions to: jgreer613 (at) gmail (dot) com