Note: you can change the font size and view with the controls in the upper right corner of the page.
Please note time and date difference for this meeting.
Friday September 19, 2014, 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- HLVC-Central Luau/FFB VisionWalk 2014 Fundraiser
- Details: Break out your Hawaiian shirts and grass skirts and join us for this fun-filled evening of tropical delight. Food, games, prizes and entertainment, including beach scene photo booth, limbo and hula hoop contests, and Hawaiian/beach costume contest. There will also be audio described fire-light dance and fan dance demonstrations. Proceeds go to Foundation Fighting Blindness VisionWalk 2014.
- Location: Metropolitan Multi-Service Center, Room #2 - 1475 West Gray, Houston, TX 77019
- Productions scheduled monthly
The Houston Low Vision Club is an organization of visually impaired men and women that meets at the Houston Metropolitan Multi-Service Center.
The club's objective is to assist those experiencing significant vision loss to discover ways to continue daily activities and maintain their independence. In addition to providing members access to valuable information, the club provides the visually impaired an opportunity to talk with others that share their challenges, including family members and friends. Membership in the club is available to all adults who are experiencing Low Vision, their friends and family, professionals and others interested in the field of sight enhancement.
Club meetings frequently include guest speakers from the low vision specialists, government agencies and commercial providers. In the past these have included manufacturers of specialty equipment, specialist in mobility, driver training, state agencies such as DARS, and Lighthouse for the Blind. Field trips are frequently an option.
- Regular Meetings are held on fourth Saturdays from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Metropolitan Multi-Service Facility - 1475 West Gray, Houston, TX (MMSC Maps & Directions)
This site is designed with low vision users in mind. I welcome any suggestions that you may have to improve content or usability.
Please send suggestions to: jgreer613 (at) gmail (dot) com